Dr. Jason B. Blundell was born in Kansas City, Missouri, grew up moving from city to city as a Navy child, and graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology and Cell Sciences in 2003. He was then accepted into the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry where he graduated from in 2008. He then had the distinct honor of being commissioned as a Naval Officer in 2008 and went on to start his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. His duty stations have included Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, U.S.S. Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) and Naval Air Station Pensacola. After spending 10 years in the United States Navy, Dr. Blundell transitioned from military life to join Coastal Jaw Surgery as an associate surgeon in Tampa, Florida.
Dr. Blundell practices oral and maxillofacial surgery with emphasis on dentoalveolar surgery, dental implants, hard and soft tissue grafting, general anesthesia, facial trauma and orthognathic surgery.
Dr. Blundell is very happily married to the love of his life, Joan Marie, with whom he has two wonderful children, Christian and Annalise. When he is not in surgery and seeing patients, he enjoys spending time with his family, beach time and offshore fishing.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency: Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, U.S. Navy
- DDS: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry
- Diplomate: American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow: American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member: Pinnacle Study Club of Tampa Bay, Florida Dental Association, West Coast District Dental Association, American Dental Association, West Pasco Dental Association, Upper Pinellas County Dental Association