Dr. G. Thomas Peak, III is a native of Charleston, West Virginia. He is a graduate of Concord College in Athens, West Virginia and West Virginia University School of Dentistry.
Dr. Peak completed his internship at the Philadelphia Naval Hospital and his comprehensive dentistry residency at the National Naval Dental Center in Bethesda, Maryland. He completed his three-year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Naval Hospital in Portsmouth, Virginia.
A Commander of the United States Navy Dental Corps, Dr. Peak joined Coastal Jaw Surgery in 1994 from the Naval Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida where he was the Department Head in Dental and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He was also the Department Head at the Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, involving training responsibilities for both military and civilian Oral & Maxillofacial and Otolaryngology residents.
Dr. Peak has extensive experience in management of the medically compromised patient in the hospital arena and in management of maxillofacial trauma, dentofacial pathology, head and neck infection, maxillofacial reconstruction, orthognathic surgery, dental implants/pre-prosthetic surgery, TMJ disorders and dentoalveolar surgery.
- Diplomate: American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow: American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Residency: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Naval Hospital, Portsmouth, VA
- Residency: Comprehensive Dentistry, National Naval Dental Center, National Naval Dental Center, Naval Hospital, Bethesda, MD
- Internship: General Practice, Naval Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- DDS: West Virginia University School of Dentistry, Morgantown, WV
- Member: American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, American College of Oral Implantology, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, American Society of Osseointegration, Academy of Laser Dentistry, American Dental Association
- Hospital affiliations: Oak Hill Hospital, Spring Hill Regional Hospital, and Brooksville Regional Hospital